The Louis Vuitton brand has been around for over 160 years and does not seem to be fading away anytime in the near or far future. With a line of luggage, handbags, clothing and shoes Louis Vuitton is one of the top luxury brands that can be found and also seems to show its dominance in the luxury brand world. We decided to do a little research to see where Louis Vuitton fell in terms of top luxury brands, as well as see how the other luxury brands rated in themselves. We have to say the results weren’t all that shocking. After all Louis Vuitton has made quite a name for itself over the years so it wasn’t that big of a suprise that it ranks #1 of all luxury brands compiled together! Check out our list of its competitors and where they stand in terms of brand worth and popularity!
Top Luxury Brands Worldwide
- Louis Vuitton- LV takes the cake and the crown when it comes to the most valuable and coveted luxury brand throughout the world. With the brands estimated value at $28.4 billion it’s easy to see how it reached the number one spot. From purses to watches, to shoes and luggage the brand offers a variety of luxurious merchandise and patterns to choose from, with its most popular pattern being the LV monogram.
- Hermes- Hermes is also a luxury brand like that of Louis Vuitton that comes out of France. The brand was founded in 1837 and comes in second as far as worldwide luxury brands are concerned. With an estimated worth at $19.2 billion it’s easy to see why the brand takes the 2nd spot but also that it trails behind Louis Vuitton significantly.
- Gucci- This luxury brand taking third place was first founded in Florence, Italy in 1921 and is estimated to have a brand worth of $12.7 billion. Currently the brand is owned by a French company.
- Prada– This italian luxury brand has headquarters in Mila, Italy. Founded in 1913 by Mario Prada is has an estimated worth of $9.4 billion.
- Chanel- Chanel is a private french brand that was founded in 1909 by Coco Chanel. It has an estimated brand worth of $7 billion dollars and is famous not only or its clothing line and handbags but also for its perfume. Chanel No. 5 is the most popular perfume and coveted by many.
There are numerous other luxury brands out there that are up there on the list of the most sought after and popular luxury brands throughout the world, however these are the TOP 5. What is wonderful and incredible about each of these brands is that fact that each was started long ago by a person with passion and drive for designing and fashion. Each founder could never imagine the success and money to be made when first starting to develop and sell their brand, yet each has succeeded beyond the norm. If there should ever be any doubt just take a look back at Louis Vuittons humble beginnings and how he came to be the top luxury designer and brand throughout the world!