If you have read our previous article you probably know a bit more about Louis Vuitton and his humble beginnings, how he got into the fashion business, and how he became such a success. If you have not read the article you should check it out and get to know Louis Vuitton the man behind one of the most luxurious and coveted brands in the fashion world, or in the world in general! We also have more interesting facts about this famous designer, his legacy and his brand!
Interesting Facts On Louis Vuitton
- Handmade- Each bag takes about a week to be made because they are made by hand!
- Hold Their Value- LV bags hold their value and class so well because at the end of every season all the leftover bags that did not sell are sent back to the factory in France where they were made. Once there they are destroyed by either burning or shredding them. Why? No merchandise is ever sold on discount so that each product maintains its value
- Part Of The Expense- Each bag is both waterproof and fireproof, which is one reason they are so expensive
- The Alma- This design was actually originally created for Coco Chanel! Talk about a great friend!
- Leather- The tan leather that can be found on the bags is not treated with any colors or chemicals. Because of this you will notice the leather darkens over time because of natural effects.
- No Frauds Here- Both the LV Monogram print and the Damier print were actually created so that no one could copy the design.
- Houdini- George, Louis Vuitton’s son created a tumbler lock for their trunk luggage to replace the original lock. They were so confident of its locking abilities they actually challenged The Great Houdini to escape it. He didn’t take the bait but it’s still a pretty cool story
- Salvador Dali- The Daligram print was created by none other than the famous artist himself Salvador Dali
- Marc Jacobs- Another well known name connected to the LV empire is Marc Jacobs. He was the brands artistic director from 1997-2013
- Nicolas Ghesquiere– Nicolas is now the head designer of the Louis Vuitton legacy taking Jacobs place in 2013
- Forbes- it made forbes list of The World’s Most Valuable Brands, taking the 14th place
Not only is Louis Vuitton one of the greatest designers of all time his brand has held its level of class, value and beautiful designs for centuries. His story and other tidbits of information surrounding his brand just make both him and his designs that much more interesting. Beautifully made and always classy and elegant Louis Vuitton will continue to make history!